Thursday, February 23, 2006

Eight to One

Eight to One is an indie little comic, with a relatively small fan base as far as I know. There are reasons for this. It's not always funny, although, this isn't always the point, and it's update schedule is very slow, with the author taking frequent breaks between new comics.

And yet I still read it. I guess I like the characters. A guy and a girl, friends of few words, who have difficulty connecting with the main stream, soaking in the rebellious under culture that all indie people like to imagine exists (although, when two indie people meet, they must contest to the death in a battle for superior musical knowledge of obscure bands, so that probably limits the population somewhat). It's no Questionable Content- the characters are not snappy, verbose and witty- they are far too real for that, far too withdrawn.

So yeah, I enjoy this comic- I dig the characters, and I care about them a little bit, which is enough for me to keep reading, and was ultimately what made me stop reading Scary Go Round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home