Wednesday, February 08, 2006

mission statement

Everyone has one of these, so why can't I? Hello all browsers. In this blog I intend to talk about webcomics. If thats really not your thing, then you can see what else I have to talk about at my other blog .I love them, I really do, and spend a lot of time every day reading them- I hope I can show you why. I think at their best they are easily better than most of what is produced in the mainstream. I hope to cater in this blog to both people who have been reading webcomics for a long time, by trying to find interesting webcomics people have not seen before, and also to those who are relatively new to the field by pointing out the best of the crop.

Generally I will not bother pointing out bad webcomics- I'm sure you can find those all on your own. I might talk about how I dislike comics that most people seem to enjoy, and places where ones I do engage me. I hope to start off by going through the webcomics I currently read and review them, interspersed with posts about particular things that have interested me that day if I see one. Don't worry, I don't intend to do this in a boring format- all opinions are, of course, subjective, so I will try to explain why I enjoy them, and see if I can find reasons why you might not. I will always shamelessly promote Something Positive, as it is easily my favourite webcomic.

In all this I owe a lot to much better writers than me, websnark of course, the ultimate for webcomic's commentary, and I am also going to steal comic rock's layout by having my five favourite webcomics as direct links and the other webcomics links archived.

So yeah, that's it. I hope you enjoy reading what I put up. I make no promises as to the update schedule of this blog, but it should be several times a week at least.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Kneefers said...

Rockin'
It does seem like everybody has one of these these days, doesn't it?
Anyway, welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home