Monday, February 27, 2006

A post about Something Positive

I'm not sure how many of these snarky type posts I'll do, where I write about a specific strip- I will quite happily link to particular strips that I think are hilarious, if only because I appreciate it when other blogs do that for me. Sometimes though, I'll want to talk a little more about a strip.

This is one of these times- in these cases generally you will have wanted to read the strip before, but by now you should have read Something Positive.

Anyway, today's strip is interesting. Most of it is what we've seen so far- Davan is moving in with his dad if he gets any worse, Davan hates texas but loves his dad more... and then theres that little snippet "I'm sure he and I will adjust to texas so far."

A while back a blog called Sudden Nothing, which, as far as I know, does not update anymore, interviewed the author of SP, R.K. Milholland. During the course of the interview she inquired as to whether he was setting up PeeJee and Davan up to get together. He replied with a no comment. Now honestly that is something that had never occured to me before- they were friends, very good friends, but that's where it ends. It's made clear by both of them that's all they want earlier in the strip. But friendships do change, and relationships can come from the unlikeliest places.

And so comes today, where Peejee is willing to move to texas with Davan. What does this indicate? That they're dating already (in which case Milholland is a swine of the highest proportions for not mentioning yet), or that Peejee wants to, or just that they are very good friends. I don't know, but I'm interested in finding out. To be honest the prospect of them getting together is a tiny bit weird- a sort of Friends style thing where all the characters get together with each other in a very inbred fashion. Still, it certainly would be the biggest curve ball he has thrown so far.

Whatever happens, I'm fascinated to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home