Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So little time....

So my computer has died- I'm writing this on my housemates computer right now, although I have much more limited access to it. See I'm actually MEANT to be revising.

Anyway, so it looks like I'm going to have to reinstall windows on my laptop, which probably means I'll have to reformat the hard drive. Which also means every single favourite link I've ever made will be gone. And over three years, I have made a LOT. As well as the webcomics I check daily for update, which number in the thirties/ forties, there were a whole bunch of archives I was working my way through, from waspi square to candi.

I had planned to write a post about how I have to prioritise webcomics, simply because of time concerns. There are some that I enjoy, but I get too frustrated with when they update too slowly- I stopped reading No Need for Bushido becuase the updates were so sparse I lost track of what was going on in the overly complex plot. Some webcomics I have stuck with regardless- el goonish shive is one, it has a tendency to stop updating for weeks at the time, but I'm commited enough to the characters to forgive it (although, is it just me who loses track of who everyone IS in that strip?). I wonder if this is perhaps a good way to decide which webcomics to read- those that I remember will probably be my favourite after all.

Having said that, if I was to apply that logic to films I would miss out several hundred films I think amazing, simply because my memory is not the greatest thing in this particular universe. Ideally of course I would like to read about ten times the amount of webcomics I read- there are a remarkable amount of great stories that I have never encountered for one reason or another- I am always quite impressed by the amount of comics on tangents I have never heard of... Thats a good thing of course, being spoilt for choice is far better than the opposite, although it can lead to some hard choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home