Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Erfworld

I am a huge fan of Order of the Stick, as I have mentioned here. Recently the author has started hosting a new webcomic, Erfworld, created by Rob Balder, the creator of Partially Clips. Interestingly.... it's quite different to both of them. It certainly isn't gag a day, and while it does have something to do with the roleplaying world, in this strip the main character has been thrust into it.

A fantasy classic, the hero thrust into a world not of his choosing, generally used, I suspect, so that the author can explain and describe the world that everyone lives in through the course of the plot- it's legitimate for our unknowing hero to ask these questions that would make anyone else sound like an idiot. A twist here is that the hero has apparently created this world, which follows his design to the point that the characters fight on a turn based system.... It's quite intriguing, and I'm very interested to see where it's going to go.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Blogger Alice said...

I really love these! I've been laughing out loud in the office...woohoo!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home